|Concierge (Facilities Officer) - Night Shifts - Central London|
|Date Posted:||15 September 2017|
University Partnerships Programme (UPP) is the leading provider of student accommodation infrastructure and support services in the UK. We have around 30,000 rooms under management or in construction through long term partnerships with 14 leading UK universities. With over 700 employees, we work to deliver the very best student experiences, together with great universities.
UPP Residential Services Limited (URSL) primarily delivers a full range of Facilities Management (FM), and Asset Management services to the university sector. URSL's aim is to be the leading provider of quality accommodation and estate management services in partnership with the Higher Education Sector.
At each university partnership URSL supply a local team, which manages, and provides services for, the scheme to which they are assigned. The team provides the day-to-day face of the partnership, providing a high level of customer service and effective and efficient facilities management, ensuring every aspect is delivered to URSL’s high standards in order to support the Student Experience.
Garden Halls is situated in Bloomsbury, central London. The hall, which opens in September 2016, is a new flagship development of 1,200 student rooms, both catered and self-catered working in partnership with the University of London. The hall offers an outstanding level of design and communal space as well as historic gardens with public access.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To be the principal representative of the company on site outside of core office hours, ensuring the security of the buildings, its residents and guests whilst on duty.
To provide comprehensive support to the management team, and to assist with the provision of a suitably equipped and customer centred, secure environment for residents and occupiers to live and to study in accordance with the license agreement.
Ensuring a warm, welcoming environment for students, parents and various stakeholders to the site and being the first point of contact at reception.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be the first point of contact to assist residents, outside of core business hours, for any queries, including but not limited to welfare, maintenance, post/parcels, and escalate to the appropriate person where necessary
• Receiving goods and materials and clearing them through the Reception area
• Providing front of house reception duties; greeting all visitors in a professional manner; ensuring that visitors are aware of the site’s health and safety guidelines where appropriate
• Dealing with any queries both over the phone and in person in an efficient and professional manner; organising remedial action where appropriate
• Complete administrative tasks related to reception duties such as checking in guests, completing log books and recording of maintenance requests.
• Assisting with the pre and post arrival student administration
• Support the summer conference business at Garden Halls
• Collate, sort and distribute the mail when delivered and to ensure an effective parcel collecting system is in place.
• Provide an excellent and comprehensive customer focused service
• Deal with queries and complaints in an efficient, professional and courteous manner ensuring they are reported to the relevant Manager or next appropriate level of management
• Provide a comprehensive administrative support service to the residence team whilst following all relevant UPP procedures and reasonable instructions
• Monitor the signing in and out of all visitors, student guests and contractors using the correct procedures. Issuing and logging of keys use by contractors during the course of the shift
• Log reported maintenance issues and prioritise in line with the FM Agreement as detailed in the Concierge Guidelines and log on the computerised helpdesk system
• Assist the management team to prepare for new student arrivals and student departures
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
• Carry out regular patrols of the residence and grounds, including the gardens, reporting any Health and Safety issues to the relevant manager
• Monitor and control health and safety standards utilising the full training and equipment provided within both the site and the grounds, taking prompt remedial actions where necessary and ensuring full reporting of health and safety issues and concerns are raised to the site management team.
• Supervise, and monitor out of hours access to the residence buildings, ensuring compliance with fire, health & safety procedures and all relevant site instructions.
• Respond effectively to fire alarm activations and when required, liaise with the emergency services.
• Complete all necessary reports, including incident reports, noise reports, accident reports and any other ad-hoc reports as required
• Monitor the conduct of residents, encouraging reasonable and fair behaviour, reporting any breach of the Code of Conduct and license agreement to the Residence Manager and as appropriate, the duty warden.. Provide evidence and reports when requested.
• React to incidents using your initiative; log and report full details of any incidents at the first available opportunity
• Act as the first line of contact for reporting of maintenance issues by customers and other parties. Once appropriately trained, undertake any reactive maintenance (e.g. replacing lamps/investigating faults).
• Carry out statutory inspections and testing as required at the reasonable request of the relevant Manager, following appropriate training and in line with the room access policy
• Undertake out of hours winter snow and ice management and clearance following the gritting plan with appropriate equipment.
• Ensure the garden is opened and closed at the agreed time
• Work overtime, with reasonable notice, to cover for colleagues’ absences and during student arrival/departure periods
• Work agreed shift pattern
• First Aid – appointed person responsibilities, if required
• Assist with open days, clearing days and other university events.
• Provide cover at other halls of residence, where necessary and appropriate site orientation has been provided.
• Undertake appropriate training when required.
• Perform other reasonable general duties as commensurate with the post.
• Assist in maintaining a presentable and tidy residence
• Assist with the set up and take down of meeting rooms and preparation for any meetings or conference business
Contact with Others
• Daily contact with the residents, managers, team, other UPP team members and Warden team
• Liaise, as necessary, with other Concierge staff, university clients, sub-contractors, UPP staff, residents and conference delegates
• Liaise, if required, confidentially with hall Wardens, student support services, chaplaincy and other agencies, in relation to student welfare and follow UPP’s policy for pastoral welfare at all times
• Contact with UPP managers, associated staff, sub-contractors and the UPP maintenance team.
Previous Front of House / Reception / Night Porter experience or experience in a customer service environment
Excellent telephone manner
Strong customer orientated approach
Strong organisational skills
Good understanding of health & safety issues
Good understanding of security issues
Ability to keep accurate records
Basic computer literacy
Understanding of the operational procedures and safe working practices of building services and systems
Shifts - 8pm – 8am 4 days on 4 days off shift
Pay - £10.94
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|