Job title: Digital Content Intern - Nesta Internship Programme
Salary: London Living Wage London Living Wage £10.20 per hour - £382.50 per week
Location: Blackfriars, London
Term: (6 months) Fri 6th April 2018 to Friday 5th Oct 2018
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 per week
To Apply: See Below. Apply through this link only, any applications made to Nesta directly will not be considered.
Nesta is looking for an Intern to join its Digital Communications team to help us with an exciting project to launch our new website.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience of working in a fast-moving communications environment with an excellent digital team that has a strong focus on high-quality digital production. You will be working with us at a critical time - during the launch phase of an entirely new website for Nesta.
It will suit someone who is passionate about online communication and presenting ideas clearly and compellingly in a journalistic style. It will also suit someone who wants to gain experience of digital project management.
The role will primarily involve supporting the digital team as they launch the new Nesta website, with a key focus on migrating our existing content to our new platform. While at Nesta the successful candidate will also help with: copy editing; social media; sourcing and optimising images for web; handling content requests and website updates from around the organisation.
As with any communications role at Nesta, the successful candidate will be exposed to our wider research and practical programme activities, providing an opportunity to experience the many facets of Nesta’s work.
- Assist with content migration for new Nesta website
- Assist with testing and optimising our new website platform
- Provide assistance to our Social Media Officer including planning and delivering social media campaigns for our events, programmes and research
- Assist the Digital Team with website updates and content requests from around Nesta
- A passion for digital communication, ideally with some experience working for a public-facing editorial website
- A good understanding of, and demonstrable expertise in, editing copy for online audiences
- Strong digital and social media literacy
- Strong eye for detail, with great copywriting and meticulous proofreading skills
- Experience of managing online content through a variety of website CMS platforms such as Drupal and Wordpress
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in small teams
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time.
Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for
everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills - working in partnership with others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment.
- We see - we spot opportunities in challenges
- We spark - we generate novel ideas to solve big problems that matter to everyone
- We shape - we provide the help needed for promising ideas to grow and adapt
- We shift - we join with others to back world-changing ideas
Application Process –
1. Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
2. All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London’s Internship Team.
3. Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
4. Successful candidates will be notified of the application process and the next stages
All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.