Recruitment has opened for a permanent Communications Officer position. The successful candidate is expected to start ASAP and will be based in our client's London Office
Job Title: Communications Officer (title tbc)
Our client is a membership organisation working across construction, infrastructure and manufacturing.
The membership offers organisations the opportunity to innovate, collaborate and exchange ideas. By promoting manufacturing capabilities in construction and offsite technologies to drive efficiencies through the supply chain.
Our client operates in the UK nationwide and is headquartered in central London.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for keeping the membership based engaged via email, web, social media, creating case studies and traditional print press. The members you will be working with are passionate about our client's manufacturing and how new innovations can be implemented on key projects. Our list of members include CIRIA, HS2, London Underground, Mott MacDonald.
Responsibilities will be aligned with the mission of our cient to grow and maintain the existing portfolio and engagement with members throughout the year.
The Communications Officer will play a key role in the delivery of the marketing, communications and member engagement strategy through a number of responsibilities:
- Create a schedule of communications weekly, monthly and for the year.
- manage the content and output of running of our client’s social media channels and creating brand evangelists
- develop, update and maintain the company website
- create email campaigns, regular newsletters and member case studies
- creating new online content from a variety of sources such as industry news, member news and compliance and governance requirements in the offsite industry, liaise with journalists and bloggers within the industry to promote the organisation.
- liaise with customer relationship managers and industry experts to uncover topics, case studies, news that should be promoted through the network
- monitor and report on all activities listed above with campaigns, open rates, click throughs bounces and how this can be improved
- Manage IP, SEO and Sender score profiles and ensure these are in good shape
- Liaise with the Events Planner to ensure pre and post events are scheduled with relevant communications and targeted audiences.
- Creating slide decks for events and ensuring branding, newsletters, print collateral are all current up to date and presentable.
- Creating and delivering the publication for the organisation three times a year.
- Educated to at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- A particular interest in Sustainability/Climate change, Construction, Planning and development, Regeneration, Social change, Social impact, Water assets, Transport
- experience of using and reporting on social media campaigns
- experience of delivering online/email campaigns Kula Hub is currently used.
- ability to prioritise, well organised with a strong attention to detail
- complete confidence in using Wordpress and ensuring consistent Branding, Design and Presentations are streamlined.
- an understanding of marketing, brand, design and corporate identity
- strong English language written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt written communications to different channel/audience needs
- willingness to adapt and participate in activities outside the ‘core role’ as required
- experience gained in the built environment / construction market would be an advantage