Job title: Internal Control Graduate (Finance Division)
Placement type: 6 months, full time
Start/end date of placement (approx.): ASAP Mid-October start for 6 months
Team: Finance / Financing & Treasury / Internal Control Team
Salary: between £23,000 and £27,500 per annum dependent on experience
Location: 10 Upper Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5BF
Deadline: Advertising from the 19th September 2019. The deadline for applications will be Friday 30th September 2019. CoSector, University of London will be shortlisting immediately.
Please note that that the role will be live after the deadline. However, if you apply after the deadline, your application will only be considered in the case that we need to renew recruitment.
Please see application process at the bottom. Any applications made to TOTAL directly will not be considered in their recruitment process
An exciting 6 month internship opportunity has arisen for a graduate working in the Internal Control Department Team at the TOTAL Finance Corporate Services (TFCS).
Please ensure that you can travel to the location before applying for the position.
TOTAL Finance Corporate Services (TFCS) is based in London and covers the Group Treasury and Investors Relations activities (100-200 persons). The Treasury IS has deeply evolved between 2016 and 2019.. The business is highly demanding with very high expectations in terms of systems availability. High number of managing directors. Recent structure, multicultural environment and mainly English speaking. At a group level the IT activities are deemed to have a high criticality.
Context and environment
Moving context depending on Group Treasury's strategy as well as its organization.
High dependency of the treasury activities on information systems (and implementation of several new applications).
Strong legal framework:
- Several legal requirements such as OFAC, EU and Group referential on integrity policy
- Regulations on internal control framework (LSF, Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Bank regulations (Basel committee, Anti-Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism) in general and those applicable to the Group's in-house bank (Arrêté du 3 novembre 2014).
Scope: Group Treasury and the implementation of the Group financial policy
- Daily cash flow managed by Corporate Treasury: $8 billion to $10 billion
- Management/optimisation of cash, forex and financing transactions for over 500 affiliates worldwide
- Cash management in 25 currencies
- Management of corporate financing (bonds and commercial papers) and internal financing for affiliates (borrowing, credit line, loan)
For the above, Group Treasury uses specific management tools as well as the Group in-house bank (SOFAX BANQUE).
Large number of internal contacts (Front Office, Treasury Control & Cash Management, Corporate Finance, Group Audit) and external contacts (statutory external auditors, regulators etc.)
Key tasks and deliverables of the internship include:
A/ Internal Control framework:
- Participate to the update of processes with the periodic review and documentation of procedures and controls for treasury
- Assist with the project of implementing a contracts register for treasury
- Support the control framework of the in-house bank with the performance of daily, weekly and monthly reporting
B/ Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements:
- Support the organisation of self-assessment campaigns with the review referential processes and testing methodologies
- Participate to various testing (ELC, ALC, ITAC/IPE) by preparing sampling, collecting evidence and analysing discrepancies
- Document the conclusions of testing in the dedicated application RAISE and ensure the proper archiving of evidences
C/ Audit, Risk Mapping and Compliance:
- Support the Internal Control function in the organisation of specific control missions (for treasury and the in-house bank)
- Assist with audits preparation, recommendations and the collection of justifying documentation
- Contribute to meeting compliance requirements on Group (i.e. e-learning follow-up, training, etc.), external and in-house bank compliance programs
The successful candidate will also need to have;
- Post-secondary education (Masters degree) in Finance and relevant experience in finance, compliance or audit.
- Proficiency in Office Pack (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and
- Strong writing skills.
- Personal qualities: organizational skills, thoroughness, problem-solving, good interpersonal skills and team player.
- Experience – post-graduate (with additional work experience via other internships or post-graduate advantageous)
- Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
- All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London’s Internship Team
- Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
- Successful candidates will be notified of the application process and the next stages
- The recruitment for this position is fully managed by CoSector University of London, Internships team therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, TFCS ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact TFCS directly will be missed in the application process.