Company: TOTAL Finance Corporate Services
Hours: Full time 35 hours
Location: Canary Wharf – Head Office
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary - depending on experience, minimum: £23k
Direct Manager: Deputy Head of Back Office
Direct Manager's Manager: Head of Cash Management & Back Office
Daily cash flow managed by Corporate Treasury: $12 billion to $15 billion.
Management of cash, forex and financing transactions for roughly 600 affiliates worldwide.
Cash management in around 25 currencies.
Management of corporate financing (bonds and commercial papers) and of internal financing (short-term borrowings, credit lines, long and medium term loans, etc.) for affiliates.
Significant interaction (a) internally: Front Office, Accounting, Consolidation, Corporate Finance, Legal Affairs, Affiliates Financing
Operations, Tax, affiliates and (b) externally: banks, counter-parties, custodian banks, affiliates world-wide.
Depending on operational needs, the employee may work on Treasury Operations Desk or FX & Financing Desk.
Context and environment
A very high level of risk inherent in a financial markets environment (fraud, counter-party, cyber and other risks).
Stringent regulatory requirements (banking regulations, respect of international economic sanctions and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism legislation).
Required to work on public holidays when other international markets are open. Extended working hours may be required for major transactions.
This is a versatile team with flexibility to multi-task and execute autonomously a variety of high value, complex, transactions.
Under direct supervision of the team manager, contribute to the following key activities:
- Review the cash transactions undertaken by the affiliates, from receipt of instructions through to final payment
- Monitor intra-Group financing provided to the affiliates. Control the related interest calculations
- Determe the daily cash position forecasts for currencies
- Approve the forex exposure of each Central Treasury Entity and be able to analyze the variances
- Control, confirm and validate the market transactions undertaken by the Front Office
- Prepare and analyze bank reconciliations and resolve reconciling items
- Contact Affiliates Financing Operations Department when preparing and implementing Group's asset purchase or selling operations (closings)
- Monitor certain sensitive cash flows, especially to or from countries subject to international sanctions
- Work with the Internal Control Department verify the effectiveness of the compliance documentation (Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.)
- Participate in projects involving cash management, cash management system security and upgrades to Group Treasury IT system
- Centralize and optimize Total's cash positions on a daily basis. Confirm all market transactions daily.
- Determine and approve the forex exposure of each Central Treasury Entity.
- Monitor and execute efficient affiliate financing/debt management.
- Centralize, optimize and secure all treasury transactions. Prepare the activity reports by the required deadlines.
- Recommend ways to upgrade procedures and controls and strengthen the security of financial transactions.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a Financial subject
- Previous experience of working in finance, cash management and/or budget control, - Team player with an ability to work to tight deadlines with changing priorities
- High level of accuracy is essential
- Exposure to Treasury Management Systems desirable
- French language skills desirable.
- Ability to speak fluentFrenchwould be an advantage but not essential.