|Trading Assistant Intern (Treasury, Forex and Money Markets)- 6 months|
|Salary:||£18000 per annum pro rata|
|Date Posted:||06 December 2016|
|Vacancy Type:||Graduate Internship|
Company: TOTAL GAS & POWER LTD
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time 35 hours
Location: Canary Wharf – Head Office
Duration: 6 months
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary - £18000 per annum pro rata
Within the trading room of Total SA (5 people), assist the team members in the daily tasks of treasury and FX position management and help in several projects or development of ad-hoc tools.
Total Gas & Power Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Total Group responsible for energy Marketing and Trading activities in the UK. We supply natural gas to many thousands of sites across the UK, and we are market leaders in the highly competitive I&C sector (by gas volume). Based in the head office in Canary Wharf (London) the Trading division is responsible for optimising the purchase/sales portfolios of gas, electricity, CO2 emissions, coal, and LNG, via transactions (arbitrage, balancing and hedging) in all recognised markets worldwide, in compliance with Group trading guidelines. Alongside the traders we have risk analysts, shipping and chartering operators and gas and power schedulers.
Treasury and Foreign Exchange activities within the Treasury Department of an Oil & Gas Major. The team is in charge of running interest rate and FX positions, managing group cash position, financing affiliates and monitoring financial markets.
Key tasks and deliverables
· Taking part in the daily tasks of the desk (Pricing, Booking, Market Monitoring)
· Checking daily risk and P&L produced by Middle Office
· Participating in IT project (a new Front to Back system currently under implementation)
· Improving and developing of internal tools
· Producing macro-economic research tool/paper
· Writing of a weekly market update for the top management
This internship will help you have a better understanding of:
· Financial Markets and financial instruments (swaps, options, forward…)
· The macro-economic environment and implications on the markets
· The organization of a corporate treasury working as a profit center
· The Oil and Gas industry
Context and Work Culture
· Total Gas and Power is commercialising the non-committed gas, power and coal productions of the upstream affiliates, supplies the gas and power marketing affiliates, and takes speculative positions on the gas, power and coal markets, both in Europe and the United States. The European and the US activities generate a notional turnover of roughly 10 billion Euros.
· The Risk Control department is supporting the trading activity of the company. It ensures that all risks are properly accounted for reported and managed. It reports risks, Profits & Losses (P&L) and limits on a daily basis, as well as ensuring all transactions are settled according to contracts.
· Education Level: Graduate from Business school / University, with a Master degree preferably in Finance.
· Skills: Rigorous/Flexible/Autonomous/Team spirit/Work well under pressure/analysis and summary abilities
· Knowledge: Good background in financial markets. Knowledge of Reuters or Bloomberg terminal desirable.
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) proficient. Knowledge in VBA and other IT languages would be preferable.
· Languages: French desirable
Please note that this internship is run through the University of London therefore any applications made should come through this link only*
|If you would like to apply for this job then please click on the button below.|