From temp jobs to internships, find the perfect position for you
||Cooperate Information Internship
||£329 Per week
||18 November 2016
An exciting opportunity has come up at Westminster City Council for a co-operate information Internship and the successful candidate to start ASAP on a full time basis for 12 months. We are looking to shortlist candidates for this position as soon as possible therefore, if you are interested in this position please apply without delay!
Key tasks and deliverables
- Log and action all Information Requests received by the council,
- Log all complaints related to Data Protection (including CCTV) and FOI and report on the progress of these against the team’s SLA.
- To advise and provide appropriate support (including training) to a network of Access to Information officers throughout the Council to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Compile periodic reports and collate statistical data on an as and when basis for the Information Manager.
- Organising meetings and training sessions for the KIMT and provide minute taking support at those meetings
- Provide system admin support updating records when necessary
- Collecting CCTV footage from the control room, and where appropriate undertaking searches of CCTV footage
- Listing team hard copy records for archiving, recalling files from the Records Management Service.
- Ensuring team information is kept up to date on intranet and internet pages.
- Collating, photocopying and printing all materials needed by the team
- All project management office admin for corporate initiatives identified for implementation in team yearly work plan.
- Other administrative tasks as required by the KIMT and where appropriate the wider department
- Takes ownership and responsibility for delivering own workload to the expected high standards with limited supervision
- All activities are carried out with customers’ needs in mind, taking full responsibility for resolving problems
- Takes action to avoid recurring problems, unnecessary waste and/or cost, making incremental improvements to the way things are done
- Plans and prioritises on a day to day basis, linking own plans and activities to the direction and goals of own team
- Quickly spots flaws in data, information or arguments, generating a range of possible solutions
- Appropriately challenges the conventional way of doing things, coming up with new and/or better ways of doing things in the team
- Understands links and dependencies of success between departments, and the impact of the Council’s decisions and changes upon own area of responsibility
- Gains input, ideas and views from others in the team, recognising and respecting the value of diverse perspectives
- Presents own case in a logical manner supported by sound evidence, justifications and rationales
- Is aware of won style, behaviour, strengths and weaknesses, actively seeking to understand where others are coming from
£329 per week
|If you would like to apply for this job then
please click on the button below.