This is a 6-month full time Graduate internship for the London borough of Hammersmith and fulham. We are looking to shortlist candidates for this position as soon as possible therefore, if you are interested in this position please apply without delay!
Ensure the effective operation of the Coroners Court and undertake essential administrative tasks to facilitate the running of the Coroner Service and provide an exceptional service to families.
Description Of Duties
- Assist and support the Coroner’s Officers, Clerk to HM Senior Coroner and HM Senior Coroner with administrative duties pertaining to the investigation of deaths referred to the Coronial Service within the West London coronial area.
- Supporting the Clerk to HM Senior Coroner with specified administrative duties. This includes summoning jurors, Rule 43 reports, disclosure, setting up meetings, filing, typing letters and management of court digital recording system.
- Supporting the Coroner’s Officers with specified administrative duties including the completion of records of inquest, referrals to local authorities for public health burials and any other general duties required as directed to assist with the running of the office, such as photocopying or scanning of documents.
- Act as Court Usher when court is in session. Check that required persons are in attendance against the witness list and provide to the Coroner. Swear in witnesses and check court recording equipment is running and working properly.
- Assist with the liaison in contacts with families, undertakers and mortuaries to facilitate the removal of the deceased from mortuaries for burial as quickly as possible.
- Organising meetings, transportation of jurors and witnesses to offsite locations when a need arises.
- Produce written records of court decisions and statistics to help with the efficient management of the courts.
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day to day operation of the court room including offsite locations.
- Undertake such other duties, commensurate with the grading of the post, as may be determined.
Civil and Other Emergencies
To support the Council’s role in planning for and responding to civil and council emergencies using skills/expertise of the post holder, and in accordance with council emergency procedures. To provide emergency contact details for the purposes of emergency and service continuity plans.
To use the Council’s office-based and mobile IT services for the input, access and transmission of information using the appropriate level of information security and classification through the use of electronic mail, diaries, word-processing, spreadsheets and databases as well as any specific job-related applications as required to carry out the duties of the post.
- To comply with information rights legislation and the Council’s data quality standards by applying information management related policies.
- To report instances of non-compliance, errors, omissions or inadequacies in procedures to the business unit manager.
- A minimum of 2.1 undergraduate degree
- No specific software requirements other than Word and Outlook
- A strong attention to details
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Works well with others to achieve a common goal
- Excellent Time Management skill
- Proactive and Initiative
- Embraces change and constantly seeks ways to improve the way we work
£329 per week