From temp jobs to internships, find the perfect position for you
||Bi-Borough Intern - Waste Contract & Enforcement
||£329 per week
||07 February 2017
Department: Environment Services
An exciting opportunity has come up from one of our clients for the successful candidate to start ASAP as a Bi-Borough Intern - Waste Contract & Enforcement on a full time basis for 6 months. We are looking to shortlist candidates for this position as soon as possible therefore, if you are interested in this position please apply without delay!
Key tasks and deliverables
The key tasks include:
- Assist the contract monitoring and enforcement team in investigations and in particular, work closely with the night time enforcement team, reporting effectiveness of the night time enforcement work.
- Establish an enforcement handbook for use by officers.
- Liaise with residents and contractors to help decrease dumping.
- Processing and ensuring payment of FPNs, reviewing appeals and preparing court cases.
- Promote enforcement, cleansing, waste minimisation and recycling by, for example, helping generate communication materials and attending events.
- Assist the Bi-Borough Projects and Information Officer by helping to compile cleansing and disposal statistics for the borough and incorporate them with census data.
- Investigate and implement possible changes to the council’s clinical waste service
- Assist in the preparing and implementing of schemes, campaigns and strategies to increase recycling and decrease dumping and contribute to reports about these where applicable.
- The successful candidate must have either Environmental Sciences/statistical analysis (essential)
- To have an understanding and positive interest in environmental issues and, in particular, recycling.
- Be self-motivated, identify possible problems, and actively seek solutions to these problems.
- Able to participate in active work, including lifting boxes and sorting through bags.
- Be aware of health and safety issues.
- Good use of Excel and able to communicate clearly to residents.
- Understanding of practical issues related to recycling.
- Excellent written communication(essential)
- Planning and organising skills (essential)
- Team work skills (essential)
- Proactivity & initiative (essential)
- Time management (essential)
The intern will be paid £329.00 a week
|If you would like to apply for this job then
please click on the button below.