*Please note that this internship is run through the University of London therefore any applications made should come through this link only*
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time 35 hours
Location: Canary Wharf – Head Office
Duration: 6 months
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary - £19500 - £22500 per annum pro rata
Context and environment
- The context of the role will evolve with the treasury management strategy and the diversification of financial resources.
- Moving context depending on the Corporate Treasury's strategy as well as its organization.
- High dependency of the treasury activities with information systems (and implementation of several new applications).
Strong legal framework:
- Several legal requirements such as OFAC, EU and Group referential on integrity policy
- Regulations on internal control framework (LSF, Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Bank regulations (CRBF 97-02, Basel committee, Anti-Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism
- This position covers sensitive issues that can have regulatory consequences and impact the company’s reputation.
This position is part of the general mission and the activity perimeter of the Finance Department/Treasury.
Proposition and implementation of the financial administration:
- Balance and cash-flow framework : long term debt issuances, confirmation of credit lines, interest rate risk management
- Centralisation of the treasury (+/-600 subsidiaries) : cash-pooling, FX, internal financing of the subsidiaries, selection and classification of bank counterparties, security of treasury operations through the implementation of relevant processes and tools (CLS, SWIFT, …). Daily cash-flow: $12 – $15 Billion, ~ 80-100 bank counterparties Investment and optimising of the Group’s surplus treasury and FX positions on the market, following strict rules and limits for FX risk management, exchange rates and bank counterparty (Gross/Net Treasury ~ 17G€/10G€).
Management of the financial interests of the Group and contribution to the share capital and TOTAL SA shares
Communication and circulation of the information to stakeholders:
- Bond investors, Authorities, market counterparties, rating agencies, banking authorities, employee shareholders;
- Animation and coordination of treasury trades within the Group.
A/ Internal Control framework:
- Strengthen the internal control activity framework in cooperation with the business (periodic review and update of procedures)
- Contribute to the review of processes and design of controls for treasury in an ever-changing environment.
B/ Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements:
- Review and update the referential of processes, key controls and testing methodologies
- Carry-out various SOX testing campaigns (ELC, ALC, ITAC) under the supervision of other Internal Control team members, analysing any discrepancies and contributing to proposals for corrective actions
- Contribute to the formalisation of results communication which will eventually flow to management, the Group Audit department as well as the external auditors
C/ Audit, Risk Mapping and Compliance:
- Contribute actively to the identification of risk areas requiring review from Internal Control as well as follow-up on previously identified risks and action plans.
- Assist with audits and development of innovative methods to add value
- Contribute with compliance initiatives on Group and external compliance programmes as required
- A deputy and two other internal control staff members report directly to the Head of Internal Control
- Masters degree in finance/accounting/economics with a knowledge of audit/control concept
- Ability to effectively utilise Microsoft office applications. Knowledge of other financial systems useful but not essential.
- Excellent language, communication skills (both oral and written). English essential and French advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and soft skills
- Enquiring mind and enthusiastic attitude as well as methodical, thorough and rigorous approach to work
- Experience – post-graduate (with additional work experience via other internships or post-graduate advantageous)