Role Title: Health Lab Intern
Salary: London Living Wage £9.75 per hour- £365.63 per week
Term: 6 months - Friday 6th October 2017 and end date Friday 6 April 2018
Hours: Full-time 37.5 per week
Location: Blackfriars, London
Deadline: 10am, Tuesday 29th August 2017
To Apply: Please see below -All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly will not be considered in the application process.
Health Lab is Nesta’s centre of expertise on people-powered and data-driven health. We work with partners from the health, care, voluntary and social enterprise sectors to test and scale new ideas to support a population living with more long-term conditions in a health and care system under serious financial pressure. We look for better ways for people to remain healthy - drawing on their own energy and ideas, as well as the insights of medical science and digital tools, and we help innovators build their evidence base so that they can become embedded in local health and care systems.
Help us nurture and grow effective sources of support to improve people’s health and well being, such as peer support, by supporting the design and delivery of high-quality programmes, for example, by undertaking the following:
To identify new challenges and opportunities to find new sources of support, and to deepen our understanding of what works and how to grow new innovations. To include writing research reports and proposals for new work.
To support planning, record keeping, liaison with internal and external partners, and reporting.
To arrange and contribute to internal and external meetings, including the promotion and delivery of a small number of high quality events (roundtables and report launches), as well as our annual high-profile ‘The Future of People Powered Health’ conference
To help us identify opportunities to promote the work of the Health Lab and our findings, researching and designing new ways of reaching our target audiences, and authoring and scheduling new content, including ‘how to guides’, blogs and tweets.
Workshop design and facilitation
To assist with the design, preparation and delivery of workshops and similar sessions delivered to a wide range of audiences.
- An inquisitive mind with an interest in health and innovation.
- Degree educated, with sound desk based research experience and the ability to share findings in short well-written reports and blogs.
- A completer-finisher, organised and with a good attention to detail
- A self-starter, willing to get stuck in, chase up leads and pick up the phone when needed
- Good interpersonal skills: pro-active in listening, working with others and contributing to meetings
- Experience of co-ordinating events desirable
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint & Excel, using web for research and social media). Experience with Google docs and Google mail would be advantageous.
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas to improve how the world works for everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills to take on big challenges, working in partnership with others to make change happen. We are a UK charity and our work is enabled by a financial endowment.
We see - we spot opportunities in challenges
We spark - we generate novel ideas to solve big problems that matter to everyone
We shape - we provide the help needed for promising ideas to grow and adapt
We shift - we join with others to back world-changing ideas
- Applicants should apply on the University of London Website with most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
- All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London’s Internship Team. Any applicants that go to Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
- Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the candidates with the most suitable CVs
- All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by Friday 1st September 2017.
All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10am, Tuesday 29th August 2017