Role Title: Executive Research Assistant
Department: Chief Executive Office
London Living Wage £9.75 per hour- £365.63 per week
Term: 6 months Friday 6th October 2017 and end date Friday 6 April 2018
Hours: Full-time 37.5 per week
Location: Blackfriars, London
Deadline: We have advertised later than the rest of the internships so the deadline is the Wednesday 6th September at 10am. *please note the rest of the vacancies deadline will be 29th August at 10am
To Apply: Please see below -All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly will not be considered in the application process.
Nesta is an innovation charity with a mission to help people and organisations bring great ideas to life. Funded by an endowment, Nesta works in the UK and abroad on a wide variety of projects and topics.
Nesta is looking for an intern to assist the Chief Executive, Geoff Mulgan, with the preparation of talks and written materials. They will also provide assistance with research. The role requires good organisational, coordination and research skills and will involve:
- Assisting with primary and secondary research, for example carrying out desk research, analysing data, assisting with design of research tools like survey questionnaires and participating in face-to-face research activities like interviews and workshops
- Assisting with design and production of reports, for example carrying out picture research and preparing presentations
- Liaising and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- A first or 2.1 degree in any discipline
- Experience in carrying out qualitative and/or quantitative research and in managing research projects, perhaps gained as part of your degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, including ability to produce written documents, spreadsheets and slides, and ability to carry out web research
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly synthesise and find research
- Good attention to detail, high standards of accuracy, proactive and a self-starter
- Proactive, confident and able to work under own initiative
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas to improve how the world works for everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills to take on big challenges, working in partnership with others to make change happen. We are a UK charity and our work is enabled by a financial endowment.
We see - we spot opportunities in challenges
We spark - we generate novel ideas to solve big problems that matter to everyone
We shape - we provide the help needed for promising ideas to grow and adapt
We shift - we join with others to back world-changing ideas
- Applicants should apply on the University of London Website with most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
- All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London’s Internship Team. Any applicants that go to Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
- Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the candidates with the most suitable CVs
- All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by Friday 8th September 2017.
All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 6th September 2017